Other Training - Not Sponsored by the IPAC
If you would like to post a training on this site, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBINARS & TRAININGS
Lexis Nexis Training - Navigating the New Town Square
March 17, 2021
Noon - 1 p.m.
Presented by Lexis Nexis
This webinar is a chance for prosecutors to get a run down of best practices for Lexis Nexis and earn CLE at the same time. The goal of this course is to assist attorneys in navigating online legal research so they feel more confident and competent when researching subjects important to their work.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Find out methods for conducting research with different full citations, and names of statutes.
- Gain an understanding of how online platforms have been enhanced to predict what you’re looking for.
- Ascertain the multiple ways to filter your searches before and after searching for specific terms.
- Discover different search term approaches: natural language and terms and connectors.
- Realize the many different ways you can analyze your search results list.
- Understand citator services in which cases and statutes can be validated.
- Organize and save items found conducting online legal research.
To register for this event, click here.
Equine Cruelty Investigations
March 19, 2020
8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Presented by Henry County Animal Control and the Human Society of the United States
Cases that involve horses can be particularly challenging without a basic understanding of standards of care. This course will briefly review essential equine needs, common conditions and potential causes, as well as considerations for assessing physical and living conditions.
For more information and to register, click here.
Mental Health and Criminal Justice Summit
March 19, 2021 / 9 a.m.
Presented by National Alliance on Mental Illness - Indiana
Join us to learn about the latest initiatives regarding individuals with mental illness who come in contact with the Criminal Justice System. Workshop topics will include innovations in jail-based treatment, competency restoration, responding to veterans in crisis, the mental health consequences of synthetic drug use, the Assessment and Intervention Center, and a Lived Experience presentation.
To learn more about session topics and to register, click here.
Updated March 2, 2021
IPAC Contact Info
Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council
302 W. Washington St., Rm. E-205
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Email: email@example.com (please note, this email address goes to IPAC staff, NOT a local prosecutor)